Date of last update: March 17, 2017
I. Information That We Collect
We may collect the following information about you when you use our Services:
- Personally identifiable information, which is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as, for example, first and last name, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number.
- Non-personal information, such as your IP address, mobile application ID, or data that is collected via cookies, web beacons, or other technical mechanisms. This information does not identify you personally, but it may provide us with information about your interests and the web sites, products, or services that you view. We may also tie this non-personal information with personal information in order to provide you with better advice and information, help authenticate you or other data or information that you may provide, prevent fraud, and/or to ensure that our Services meet your needs.
- User Content, which may be content such as profile descriptions, ratings, comments, photos, web links, or other kinds of information that you post to or using the Services.
- Aggregate data, which is non-personal information that may be collected about a group, a category of services, or users. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can improve or tailor our Services.
- Geolocation data, which is information which indicates your geographic location. This information may help us provide information to you based on your location, serve you with advertisements or provide you with unique content for your location, or the delivery of such content for your location. If you do not want 3via to collect this information, please do not provide it to us.
Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect information from you when you use our Services:
- If you choose to open an account with 3via, we may collect personal information and non-personal information such as your first and last name, nickname, avatar (photo) and email address.
- We may collect non-personal information such as cookies and web beacons when you use the Services.
- We may collect your geolocation information when you use our mobile application to provide you with content available in your vicinity.
- We may collect your email address and other personal information if you contact us with a question or comment.
- We may use third party web analytic packages, such as Google Analytics or other vendors, to track what you do on our website or mobile applications. These packages save third party cookies in your browser, and provide us with information about how you use the Services.
The above list provides an example of the information that may be collected by 3via when you use our Services. From time to time, we may collect information from you in other ways that are not described above. If you do not want us to collect information from you, please do not use our Services.
II. Use of Information
We use information collected from you primarily to:
- Administer our Services, or help us to identify and eliminate common trouble spots with the Services;
- Send you information about 3via, new content releases, and other news, events, or services in which you may be interested;
- Respond to questions or comments that you may send to us via email;
- Understand how the Services are being used so that we may expand and improve the Services;
III. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose the information we collect from you in the following instances:
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, and sending customer communications on our behalf).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, or sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from our Services. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such third parties. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card on our website(s), mobile application(s), and/or TV application(s), we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
- To handle any physical or other type of threat made to you or others, to protect property or to defend or assert legal rights.
IV. Accuracy of Information
V. Email Communication and Opting Out
We may send you communications or data regarding the Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of the Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) information or materials regarding transactions and/or services purchased or selected by you. By using and/or registering for the Services, you agree to receive this type of communication from us. These notices will be sent to the email address that we have on file for you.
Note, however, that some email messages may be more commercial in nature, as they may advertise a feature of our Services, a product or service in which we believe you may be interested, or otherwise discuss a marketing campaign or promotion offered by 3via or one of our partners. We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these commercial emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message.
VI. Children Under the Age of 13
Neither 3via nor any of its Services are designed or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. In the event we learn that such information has been provided through the Services, we will delete or destroy it.
VII. Information Collected by Third Parties
For more information about this type of advertising and to opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from certain advertisers, please visit networkadvertising.org
VIII. Links to Third Party Sites
IX. How 3via Handles Privacy and Security Internally
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the absolute security of any information that you transmit to us. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any information that you transfer to us is transferred at your own risk.
Here are some of the other security procedures that 3via uses to protect your privacy:
- Uses firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
X. Updating Your Information and Contacting 3via
At any time, users may modify or delete their personally identifiable information from our database. To do so, please contact 3via at: email@example.com
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
3via does not currently recognize “do not track” signals. In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding 3via’s disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: July 1, 2016
Last Updated: March 17, 2017